Cookies are essential for optimizing our website. They help us record general usage statistics, and store other information that allows us to provide features such as the compare tool. These cookies do not store any identifiable personal data. You can find out more about cookies on our
• All Tyres are checked during your routine service with Ashley Ford
• We will give you full reading of your tyre thread and condition
Maintaining correct Tyre Pressure
There are three main reasons why maintaining the right tyre pressure is important.
1. Safety: Tyres that are under inflated can overheat; and over inflated tyres can lead to poor vehicle handling on the road.
2. Economy: Over or under inflated tyres suffer more damage than those with the correct pressure and need to be replaced more regularly. Vehicles with under-inflated tyres have increased rolling resistance that require more fuel to maintain the same speed.
3. Environment: Correct tyre pressures help to maintain optimum fuel efficiency. This can equate to lower Co2 emissions coming from your vehicle than those with incorrect tyre pressures and that has to be good for the environment.
Check for External Damage
Cuts, lumps and bumps are often caused by an impact between the tyre and a kerb, porthole or object in the road. If your tyre has any of these symptoms then you must have the tyre checked as quickly as possible as this sort of damage can result in sudden tyre failure.
Wheel alignment too is a very important step in maintaining and prolonging the life of your tyres. Kerbing or portholes affect your vehicles wheel alignment settings which can lead to rapid or un-even tyre wear. The car manufacturer will set your vehicles wheel alignment, so after driving it's worth a regular check to help prevent tyre wear, generally caused by incorrect wheel alignment setting.
Also emergency braking can sometime leave your tyres with a "flat spot". This can be another reason for premature tyre removal. It is always recommended to have your tyres checked if the vehicle has been involved in an emergency manoeuvre like sudden or heavy braking. If you have any concern or doubt about the condition of your tyres, please call for advice as soon as possible.
Ashley Ford want to help you maintain your tyres in the best condition possible. We provide a FREE tyre check of your vehicle. Just call us on 01838 9947 to make an appointment